|The Hopitu Village
|Alternate Titles:||Village of Hopitu; The Quest; The Hopitu-Peaceful People; Oribi, Home of White Eagle ; Home of the Hopitu |
|Size:||17″H x 30″W|
|Published:|| Schultz, James Willard. “Questers of the Desert.” The American Boy, March 1925: 3.
caption: Soon we came to the foot of the cliffs and to a steep and narrow trail that brought us to the top.
|Inscription:||lr: F.E.S. / ’23|
|Annotations:|| en verso in ink on section of original stretcher imbedded into new upper stretcher: Frank E. Schoonover
en verso on typed label attached to original section of stretcher: No 1273 Dec 1923 / Heading for 1st Instalment [sic] of underworld / “The Quest of the Underworld” 1923 / The Hopitu – Peaceful People
|Exhibitions:||1925 Washington; 1925 WSFA Fall; 1979 Montrose|
|Comments:||Trany sent 2/13/03; Non-trany 4x; TP Texas 6-03-06; form 6-04-06; index; edit|
|Commentary:||The plan for this lunette was drawn in the day books. The size of the image is 13.5″ x 30″.|
|Provenance:||Montrose Galleries, Bethesda, Maryland ; American Illustrators Gallery, New York; Collection of Suzanne and Joel Sugg|