Norman Rockwell Museum

 

Hours

Norman Rockwell Museum is Open 7 days a week year-round

May – October and holidays:

open daily: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursdays: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. (July/August 2015)
Rockwell’s Studio open May through October.

November – April: open daily:

Weekdays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Weekends and holidays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Holiday Closings:

The Museum is Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day

 

 

 

Admission

Members: FREE
Adults: $18.00
Seniors (65+): $17.00
College students with ID: $10.00
Children/teens 6 — 18: $6.00
Children 5 and under: FREE

Official Museum Website

www.nrm.org

 

 

 

Directions

Norman Rockwell Museum
9 Route 183
Stockbridge, MA 01262

413-298-4100 x 221

(2399) Rosencranz Ferry, Bushkill, Pike County, PA

2399
Rosencranz Ferry, Bushkill, Pike County, PA
FES Title:
[no title entered in day books – assigned number]
Alternate Titles:
Date: 1946
Size: 14″H x 18″W
Medium: oil-on-canvas
Type: landscape
Published:
Inscription: lr: Frank E. Schoonover / 1946
Annotations: en verso on upper stretcher in pencil: summer of 1946 / Rosencranz Ferry Bushkill Pike County, Pa.
Exhibitions:
Comments: Digital image 6-14-05;form; index;
Commentary: The road in the picture leads down to the Rosencranz Ferry landing. There were twenty-three private and public ferries across the Delaware River from Port Jervis to the Delaware Water Gap between 1736 and 1945. Located one mile north of Bushkill, the Rosencranz Ferry was 10′ wide and 43′ long, a double bottomed flat boat that had space for a maximum of two cars. It also transported farm machinery, farm products, animals, and people. The ferry was guided across the river by a an aerial cable. On May 4, 1945, a low flying plane cut the cable, thus ending the running of the Rosencranz Ferry. (Shukaitis, Nancy. Lasting Legacies of the Lower Minisink. 2007: 113)

Schoonover painted the ferry landing from various perspectives. (See #2329 and #2431a)

Provenance: Given by Mr. and Mrs. Frank E. Schoonover to private collection (April 1947)
Current Owner:
2016-11-14T10:36:12+00:00