|Saint Matthew and Saint Mark of The Four Evangelists
|Size:||0″H x 0″W|
|Published:||Loux, Nancy M. The Stained Glass Windows of Immanuel Church, Highlands. Wilmington, DE: Immanuel Episcopal Church, Highlands, 1996: #11. [not pictured]|
|Comments:||TP at church 4/11/07; index|
|Commentary:|| The Four Evangelists windows, numbers 2310, 2311, 2312, and 2313, were dedicated April 18, 1943 in memory of Dr. Kensey Johns Hammond, Immanuel Church’s first rector. Schoonover himself painted the faces of the disciples for these windows. The predellas depict symbols representative of a time of day, and a time during Hammond’s life. (Loux, 11)
See #2310, #2311, and #2312 for the cartoons.
|Provenance:||Immanuel Church, Highlands, Wilmington Delaware |